FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - And then there were seven...
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:41 pm
mke9499

Originally Posted by knope2001
With all the additions in Orlando on tap, the seemingly-logical conclusion here may be that Orlando will be shut down entirely in July.
Someone (I believe BB) made reference to COS and MCO being "focus cities," during last week's earnings call. I guess that makes MCI and MKE "out of focus," though it's been fairly easy, lately, to see what's been happening.

Frontier press release, as posted by n917e on airliners.net:

Today Frontier announced changes to its summer schedule that will include the discontinuation of all ERJ flying, with the exception of MKE-RHI, effective June 1. As a result, Milwaukee nonstop service to Columbus, Indianapolis, Nashville, Omaha and Pittsburgh will be suspended effective June 1.

High fuel prices continue to negatively impact the profitability of Frontier's ERJ flying; in order to reduce the loss-making flying, the decision has been made to discontinue Frontier ERJ flying and reallocate those aircraft and crews to other Republic partners.

Additionally, as a result of a slot transaction, nonstop service from New York La Guardia to both Kansas City and Milwaukee will be suspended effective June 1. The E190 aircraft used on those routes will be deployed to cover other Frontier flying.

As a result of these changes, daily departures out of Milwaukee will be reduced from 18 to seven. Details have been provided to employees in the affected stations and the Company will work to move as many people into open positions throughout the Company as possible.

As we approach our most profitable months of flying, it is imperative that we make the best use of our fleet in order to further strengthen our financial performance and ensure a successful future for the airline and our employees, said David Siegel, President and CEO. We regret that these changes will result in the furloughs of some of our team members in Milwaukee and our human resources team will do everything possible to make their transition as smooth as possible.
It's an interesting reference about redeploying the E190s, as I thought I heard that two E190s would be parked in the upcoming months.

Last edited by mke9499; Apr 30, 2012 at 1:49 pm