FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA goes after UA elites and status matching up to EXP
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:01 am
AAExPlat

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
[QUOTE=unhappyflyer;18484738]
Originally Posted by AAExPlat:18484601

I think we do have skin in the game because at least in my travel (ord based) uniteds route structure is superior in most respects to AA so we are trading flexibility in routing and connections for AAs superior customer service, in flight service, and top FF program. Im going to be spending alot more time connecting in DFW and OW partners than before, but thats my choice and willing to do it. But its not a slam dunk and the match enticedn alot of people over that were on the fence.
No offense, but if you call that "skin in the game", then I don't know what to say. Skin in the game is making a real sacrifice. By definition, none of you are making a real sacrifice because the less convenient routing will be offset by a whole host of advantages that are coming your way.

To give you an idea of what skin in the game means...I (along with many other current EXPs) took a Plat challenge in 2009 because I saw the writing on the wall. I had been flying 200k on CO the year before and had already bagged 100k on CO in 2009 by the time I made the switch.

I then flew AA mostly in coach for 5 months to EARN EXP. No match, no SWUs, no nothing.

The issue that incenses many of us is that most of us EARNED our status and now AA hands out our status like Candy and dilutes the pool of available benefits.