FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru [Master Thread]
Old Apr 30, 2012, 7:50 am
doctor15

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by OskiBear
1. Does it make sense to leave my bags at Tambo while i'm at MP during the day or is there somewhere in Ollanta that I can store them? Otherwise, it sounds like I'd be taking a taxi from Ollanta to CUS with a pitstop at Tambo (unless that's no biggie or not out of the way)
2. Does it make sense to spend 2 nights at Tambo even though I do want to explore CUS a bit? Would you choose a 2nd night at Tambo or would you recommend the last nigth in CUS?
I have heard PeruRail has a bag check at the train station in Ollanta, which makes sense since they don't want you to bring large bags on the train. If you do have to go back to the Tambo though, it is on the way if you are taking a taxi. A train from MP straight to Cusco would also be an option though.

Originally Posted by Adam1222
After a day at MP, though, we were too tired to really explore Cusco, so had dinner and then went to sleep. Tambo is so relaxing and beautiful it would have been a nice change of pace after MP instead of only the day before.
The plus of spending the night in Cusco, though, is that you're right by the airport for your AM flight.
I concur.... We spent the last night in Cusco with plans to explore, but despite already being in the Sacred Valley for 3 days, the altitude in Cusco really hit us. All we managed to do was have dinner and go to sleep.