FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru [Master Thread]
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:29 am
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by OskiBear
A couple of questions:
1. Does it make sense to leave my bags at Tambo while i'm at MP during the day or is there somewhere in Ollanta that I can store them? Otherwise, it sounds like I'd be taking a taxi from Ollanta to CUS with a pitstop at Tambo (unless that's no biggie or not out of the way)
2. Does it make sense to spend 2 nights at Tambo even though I do want to explore CUS a bit? Would you choose a 2nd night at Tambo or would you recommend the last nigth in CUS?
We did one night at Tambo and one in Cusco, and in retrospect, would have done 2 at Tambo.
We left our bags at Tambo, had a taxi from the train take us to the hotel where we picked up our bags and showered/changed in the gym locker rooms while the cabbie waited for us, and continued on to Cusco.
After a day at MP, though, we were too tired to really explore Cusco, so had dinner and then went to sleep. Tambo is so relaxing and beautiful it would have been a nice change of pace after MP instead of only the day before.
The plus of spending the night in Cusco, though, is that you're right by the airport for your AM flight.