FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Separate AmEx forum - why no Chase UR forum?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:33 am
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by suspire
As for how many FTers feel an informal discussion is warranted on the need for a UR forum(which is my full quote--not that enough FTers feel there should be a UR forum)--I don't know. I was actually enjoying reading the discussion--without feeling the need to post to the thread--until it seemed to get killed. Which may be because the pro-UR camp feels daunted by having to take the time to put together a formal proposal in triplicate.
Just read TalbBoard Topics Forum more regularly and you'll see what makes an active discussion TB thread. A popular idea or proposal simply doesn't "get killed" in TB Forum and/or on FT.

Originally Posted by suspire
Who knows. I don't feel passionately on the topic, but I just felt you were being unnecessarily snarky.
IMHO, usually that's what "kills" the discussion: lack of participation from either side of the camp. Even the OP hasn't returned to this thread to fully explain himself. YMMV.

Originally Posted by ramalama8
Not appreciative of the snide undertone, but I do appreciate the link. I actually looked through all of the criteria and the guidelines are not at all definitive in ruling out Chase UR. In fact, based on these guidelines, I think I could make a pretty good case that the UR program is a pretty good candidate for a new forum. If I get a bit more time later today, I might make a point-by-point case toward that end.