FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Separate AmEx forum - why no Chase UR forum?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 6:30 pm
suspire

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, MileagePlus Silver & Others.
Originally Posted by lin821
(underline mine)

How many FTers "felt/feel" that way, may I ask? And how many is "enough of the FT membership?"

Apparently, it's not that clear to me.

I am still patiently waiting for those in the pro camp to provide strong enough arguments to establish such forum.

FWIW, I didn't write up the guidelines. Please don't shoot the messenger.
I'm not shooting the messenger. But you seem either awfully smug or rather anal about the rules when even the moderators (as far as I can tell, you aren't a mod--correct me if I am wrong) don't seem particularly worried and where even Mia implied she enjoyed the differing point of view.

I am just not sure why you posted so many times about the rules and in a school marmish way of rapping people's knuckles and pointing us to Post 3754566 in Thread Alpha-Zebra-Foxtrot-Charlie--that's what puzzles me. It was easy enough to just ignore the thread, since it's not like there are a ton of threads sprouting up (unlike a week ago, where every other thread was entitled 'OMG Chase is going to shut us all down') on the topic. It's a single thread and several people were discussing the idea. Your posts just came across as...unnecessarily trying to assert authority and power.

As for how many FTers feel an informal discussion is warranted on the need for a UR forum(which is my full quote--not that enough FTers feel there should be a UR forum)--I don't know. I was actually enjoying reading the discussion--without feeling the need to post to the thread--until it seemed to get killed. Which may be because the pro-UR camp feels daunted by having to take the time to put together a formal proposal in triplicate.

Who knows. I don't feel passionately on the topic, but I just felt you were being unnecessarily snarky.

And for the record: I think an UR-specific forum is a good idea because the program is broad enough with enough cards tied into the program to warrant it. As a primary Chase UR user, I'd prefer a forum dedicated to it so I wouldn't have to sift through a lot of other posts. As simple as that, but I'm not sure if I posted my argument in the correct fashion under the correct protocols.