FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Separate AmEx forum - why no Chase UR forum?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 5:28 pm
suspire

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, MileagePlus Silver & Others.
Originally Posted by lin821
My reply was to your question:

If you had took time skimming the forum sticky before starting this very thread, you would have known the answers to your very own question. By the way you asked your question, it appears you didn't read nor know it existed. Those criteria were established in Feb 2009, after your FT join date, so I don't think you may say it's before "your time."

Nothing personal, but you are not the first and will not be the last FTer who proposes a new forum without reading the sticky. That's why I said what I said in post#18. Please understand the frustration among those of us who frequent TB Topics Forum and read threads that repeatedly do not follow the game plan set for this forum. Over the years, I have been pointing out that link numerous times to those who have ideas for new fora. I tend to point out making good arguments are the best way to sell a proposal. Shooting the messenger won't help.

Personally, I don't think it's too much to ask for someone to post in this forum to at least read the sticky thread/s. And I thought it's polite to say "if you have to ask" without assigning any blame, especially it is the 1st sticky thread with only 3, abeit long, posts. YMMV.

I am sure TBers will be looking forward to your thought-out proposal that addresses all those criteria when you find time. Good luck!
I think you might be where bureaucracies go to buy red-tape. The IRS tax code seems less problematic than the hoops you'd like people to jump through just to start a discussion. Clearly enough of the FT membership felt/feel that a separate forum for UR/Chase is warranted to at least...discuss the idea in the informal method they were doing.