FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: Ok, I'm going to say it...
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:19 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by bullroot
My point is that there are so many posts about "etiquette", that you would think it is a black tie dinner or exclusive restaurant that people are attending as opposed to getting on a flight. The obsession with protocol and etiquette on one hand reads like the posters are from an increasingly obsolete social class which is concerned about such things, yet in reality they are average Joe's who are in those cabins due to their shopping habits as opposed to being landed gentry, which is how their assumed behavior would often lead you to believe. "Greeted by name" being a common concern as an example... do the same people expect to be greeted by name at Tesco checkout??
Oh Sweetheart I do so agree but honestly have you see the AA Forum and some others with this Etiquette nonsense. Good God - do you have to define what good manners are? It's all about consideration and respect for others. Amen.

Now - let's put one thing to bed. Muccis. I did not start this, as HIDDYwould plead.

Years ago when the BA Forum was more like a Creche in a Louche London
Drinking Den rather than what is today. - the remedial class at a struggling inner London comprehensive which has merged with a failed Public School.

We had a member called ScottC. He and the redoutable Blair Van Horn and Celbrian created Glam Goddesses on the Tarom Forum and appointed yours truly and SanDiego1k. We were not consulted and not content with that - appointed themselves as Muccis of Pucci without any leave from me.

I then proceeded to appoint whomever I felt. Being entirely capricious, it tended to be young virile males (there are particular exceptions to this but my heart always ruled my head) - but exceptional ladies were included as well.

What it means is like trying to understand the rules for Mornington Crescent. There aren't any. I make it all up. I have awarded this to two Teddy Bears and a large Moose whose name is quite impossible to remember. It's all about fun and banter - its not meant to be Cliquey. Indeed when I became an Evangelist I was awarded the handle that I have by SanDiego1 herself.

So please - just come and have fun too. At the end of the day - isn't that what this is all about?

Am I allowed to give a Big XXX to all the BMIbabies here?