FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report : Alila Villas Uluwatu [Bali]
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:48 pm
Nivek

Originally Posted by deer
Alila Villas are doing a great job.
Stayed at AV Soori, really liked it.
They should only hire lifeguards to make the magic black sand beach swimmable...
I totally agree, enjoyed my experience at Alila Villas Uluwatu very much. I guessed you have stay at Alila Soori previously? Do you have any trip report or photos to share?
I had a hard time deciding between these two!

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I suspect that Alila are doing a better job these days because their CEO is Guy Heywood (ex Aman for years and years, and before that FS). However, not all Alilas are equal - you have to be careful which one you choose.
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
they do have two brands - alila villas and alila
Ah, I didn't know about Alila CEO. The only Alila property I've visited previously was back in Nov 2009, in Cha-Am. (no longer under Alila management now, the place is now known as Hotel de la Paix) Alila Cha-Am back then was fabulous, relatively new and stylish. Service on the whole was good, but not quite at the level of Uluwatu.

I do know that Alila would be opening a new resort at Bintan in 2014 : http://alilavillasbintan.com/main/villas

Meanwhile, hang on while I get ready the rest of the pictures! I'm not quite done yet! Still got a few other things to cover e.g spa, more food, etc.