FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Petty Theft in the Cabin
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:15 pm
godofwine

Originally Posted by simpleflyer
Please, I must insist on accuracy. This was no mere bar, but a bag of chocolate candy meant to sustain me for not just an entire flight, but a trip. For strictly medicinal purposes only, I might add.

Landice, oddly enough, she became very preoccupied with her book upon my return. Wish I'd thought of NEWEXP's idea.

I thought really, though, what is the objective for this person (aside from the obvious.....) Is it the thrill of the act, like those well-heeled suburban shoplifters one hears about?

I did entertain the idea that she thought I'd abandoned the chocolate to its fate in the seat pocket.....nah.
I think the only thing more infuriating about this "lady" ripping you off, is you not doing one thing about it. Even worse is your claim that your candy was medicinal, that just makes you look like more of a door mat than usual. Someone decides to steal something that is medicinal in value, you witness it and say absolutely nothing? Not one word? For the entire flight? Nothing? It is incomprehensible.