FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long queues at T5 border control
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:29 am
T8191
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
Er. No.

I'm British and I promise you the queues last night were horrendous. And please can you explain to me why it is that it's somehow acceptable for the rest of the world to be left to queue for hours and hours just because you waltzed through in 30 seconds or whatever it was ? In case this hasn't registered, LHR is the face of the UK and the first thing many people encounter of our country. I was ashamed to be British in the queues last night.

The eGates were not working last night and the queues for Iris (which doesn't work for me - believe me I've tried) were pretty long too.

So please take back your assertion about picture fogging.

BAH
Thank you, BAH. you have answered my question … I think.
Although "last night" is not the same as "0600-0700".
No need to be scratchy, eh?

The fact that the entire arrangement is appalling is a slightly different subject, as I implied. I was just unclear about which categories of pax were actually suffering from this farrago. If it's all of us, regardless of colour, Nationality, gender … then I would like a ticket on the top deck of the Outrage Bus.

I was just trying to put some personal perspective on the subject, because I'm self-centred. And it appears that entering UK is now worse than [as a Brit] entering the US through IAD. Thank you.