FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH creating lower cost shorthaul carrier (not LCC) [merged direct 4U discussion]
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:50 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Granted, Bild got some stuff seriously wrong this week, but the underlying fact behind this are strategic thoughts by LH to amalgamate their Cityline, Eurowings and Germanwings operation into something cheap that will be able to run the feeder and direct point to point network in europe on a lower cost basis. My feelings is that the journos are describing it in so many ways so they don't reveal their sources. That they are onto something is clear from the instant dementi issued by LH yesterday. I could kick myself that I don't have time to attend the press event next week. All the SZ/Bild/FTD/Reuters people will be there....
This idea, as others have noted, will work about as well as TED, Song, and whatever it was called that BA attempted a few years ago.

Offer a better product and a better program and people will pay for it.

Offer worse than Ryanair seats, no customer service, and a frequent flyer program that only works for the very most expensive tickets and the response will be... welll....