FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard by Marriott Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach, FL [Master Thread]
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:18 pm
jayer

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Courtyard by Marriott Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Non-resort mid-rise Courtyard on a walkout barrier island beach north of Palm Beach.

The Good:

1. Its on a walk-out beach.
2. Free parking.
3. Goofy little outside bar next to the medium-size pool. (Can't really imagine either of them working when packed out, but not a bad setting if the place is half empty).
4. Room has larger than hotel normal refrigerator and a microwave.
5. Category 4

The Whatever:

1. Average room size at best.
2. Very small bath.
3. Glass door on bathroom. (Say what)?
4. Not really much choice where to eat. I believe the bistro was morning only. It may be a barrier island, but the only fish on the menus I saw were tilapia and mahi. (So whatever happened to all the beach-town fish shacks with the local Florida catch? I can get mahi frozen, and suppose they did too. Tilapia? At the beach)?
5. Late checkout seemed to be a bad subject and I only got an hour. Maybe everybody asks, and I'm gold not mega plat.

If you want something non-resort right on the beach with shorter stay hotel-booking convenience; this might be for you. (And seriously, does anyone know a place to get real local fish on Hutchinson Island)?

Last edited by jayer; Apr 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm