FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nervous about high Ultimate Rewards balance?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:38 pm
CodeAdam10

Originally Posted by superking
Chase Ink Bold 50k x3
Chase Sapphire Preferred 50k x3 (with 2x50k bumps)

400k UR points total + 50 k from various spending/promotions spending
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
100K from the Sapphire Preferred if you bumped it last summer. Add in 50K for original Ink Bold, 50/60k for new Ink Bold, 20/30K for Freedom gets you well over 250K after minimum spend. Do an absurd amount of only category / UR mall spending for that $1000 a month. It's definitely possible.

This isn't even accounting for combining spouse / family member points into your own account.

I'm not terribly worried so I won't be zeroing out my balance but I did move over a chunk to UA today since it's a near certainty that's where they'll be used anyway. The BA transfer option is not so tempting when Amex has frequent transfer bonuses. Combined with the rumor of ThankYou transfers (briefly available by mistake) and and that leaves UA the only option for me. Hotel transfers don't interest me much.

@superking: That is extreme activity / abuse of your relationship (aka privilege) with Chase. Certainly you cannot be shocked they shut you down. Thank you for sharing your story so openly, I'm certain it will help other FT'ers down the line. But in all honesty I would shut you down, too.

@ArizonaGuy: Be careful?

Last edited by CodeAdam10; Apr 26, 2012 at 3:52 pm