FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can a lap infant international ticket be booked separately by a travel agent?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:19 am
kai.lileboo

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by frmnj
I know there is a long thread on infant fares on award tickets, but I have a slightly related but different question. Can a travel agent book an infant ticket separately, and then link it to an adult's record locator?

Here's the context: Mrs frmnj and I booked round trip EWR-MIA-EZE using our miles in first class. To add our infant son, AA in demanding $1220, which is about $500 more than what I see on ITA as an infant fare in first class for those flights. I gave the fare codes from ITA to the ExecPlat agent and after talking a couple of times to her pricing department, she said those fare codes are "internet fare codes that you need to book from where you see them and if you book with us its $1220."

After banging my head against that wall for 30 minutes, I am wondering if travel agents can book an infant fare separately if we give them the record locator of the parent's ticket. I tried Expedia and Orbitz, and they refused, and I have never really used a travel agent in person (outside of the Amex agents at work, who I am not supposed to use for personal tickets)
Yes, if the travel agent knows his/her job!
But on a new booking charging the INF only!

Last edited by kai.lileboo; Apr 26, 2012 at 7:29 am Reason: detail