FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Duffel / Travel Bag for a CRJ 200
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2012, 5:24 am
Berkeley92

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by roder
Other threads have recommended the Tristar; but I really would prefer to use packing cubes and the Tristar doesn't seem to be "cube friendly"
I second oshelef and tfar. The Tom Bihn Western Flyer should be enough for a two day trip and it is also very packing cube friendly. I prefer two small packing cubes per compartment instead of using one large one for the WF. The small packing cube is just slightly bigger than an eagle creek quarter pack it cube which works too.

I am currently making an effort to use smaller bags if they are non-wheeled simply because it forces me to not overpack -- thus keeping the weight down. I overpacked my first trip with my Red Oxx Air Boss and still haven't recovered from the trauma I caused myself. The Red Oxx Claw Strap HURTS when the bag is heavy. I will one day re-experiment using the Tom Bihn Absolute Strap.

I recommend the Western Flyer. I can't recommend the TriStar simply because I have never tried it -- though if I don't already own an Air Boss, I would consider getting one.