FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE [Master Thread]
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:51 pm
silverthief2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
I stayed here for five nights (Fri - Wed) while attending events at the LA Convention Center last week. Location-wise, it is a huge step up from the last time I had to be at an event in downtown LA. ^^

Otherwise, service was good and the room was large and super clean. No upgrades or lounge access as I'm a Hilton guy with no Marriott status yet, but all went well. Particularly nice perks: you can hook up your laptop to the TV via VGA cable, and the alarm clock has an iPod/iPhone dock (I'm a gadget geek, what can I say ). The only gripe I had was the shower water pressure. Considering the new state of the bathroom and room in general, I was expecting better.

Elsewhere in the hotel: The pool area on the 4th floor was also new and in good condition, and pretty quiet on the Tuesday afternoon we hung around. It overlooks the restaurants in the LA Live area but is still relatively private. Pool bar was not open on Tuesday.

Meeting space: One of my evening events was also in a meeting room on the second floor, also pretty classy and good food.

Last edited by silverthief2; Jun 23, 2013 at 12:59 pm