FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No fastbreak points if credit card not accepted
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:07 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by iwanderafar
In all my years of collecting points from different airlines/hotels/rental car agencies, I just came across a new oddity. When reserving a car for Curacao, I entered my Fastbreak number as part of the reservation. When the reservation was confirmed, the site notified me they could not associate my Fastbreak number with my reservation and to call Budget directly. The Budget customer service rep (in Mexico) told me that since I only had an Amex card associated with my Fastbreak account, they could not associate my Fastbreak number with that reservation. I would have to give her a MC or Visa number in order to add my Fastbreak number to the reservation.

Is this normal? I've never had my rewards points dependent on the credit card I used.
I wasn't aware that the Fastbreak program included any reward points. I thought it was just a way to get out of the rental car agency faster with less paperwork.

But yes, I've also been told that I have to use the same credit card as the one in my profile.