FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:05 am
socrates
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by DLroads
Hello all,

With the closure of the SEA service center, and relocation of many of the dedicated staff members to other centers (including ones that would serve many of you in the elite lines ) we are planning a visit to the center to say thank you in person to the people.

Now, that we got the approval, the plan will slowly (ok, pretty fast) be set. We talked with the center director, and the goals are:

(a) Setting the date (Monday is a good day as we capture alot of people, Friday would work as well). The bias is towards a day that meets with a weekend, so that people can more easily plan to arrive (and use good mileage/$$$ value).

(b) Catering: We got the suggested menu, and workout plan for staff members with special dining req. For the rest, we get some good stuff (don't worry, only the best for the SEA group and the visitors).

So, please follow on this thread (Thank you for allowing us to 'take over' the thread ). A survey will follow for the specific dates here and on the sister site (I am not sure if I aM allowed to memtion our dedicated Patrons here...)

What would we need from you?

OK, first- attend! plan to attend! that's the important part (make it a weekend in Seattle...even better)
second, we will need help filling in those personalized greeting cards to the employees. Who knows? one of them may help you on your next IRROPS...
third, well... details will follow.

Just remember, the SEA center closes on 8/31, but if we show up earlier is better (as people will begin relocation to other centers). Ideally, we are aiming somewhere in July so that we can allow enough people to plan ahead to attend (again, miles/$$, train, make it a MR weekend... have a SEA weekend on the way...)

Soon to appear on the thread:
Timing/Date Survey (Thank you Canarsie, I will follow)
Peronalized greeting cards details
Potential Guided Tour of Seattle by NWA/Deltaflygirl (Competing with the Brooklyn Reality Tour?)
Other help details
I'm part-way in...SEA is west of the Mississippi (and those of you that know me know I don't like that part of the country...it's too far ) so I doubt I'll be there in person but I certainly would like to chip in some $$$