FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Duffel / Travel Bag for a CRJ 200
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:38 pm
tfar

Originally Posted by roder
I've actually been using this bag for a week or two and it fits (but just barely).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Protege-20...roduct+Reviews

The bag is a complete piece of junk though so looking for something more high quality.

I'm usually carrying 4 pairs of underwear; 4 undershirts; 6 pairs of socks, sneakers, PJs, a spare pair of dockers, a pair of jeans, few casual t-shirts, and a medium sized toiletry bag.
With that kind of load the WF will definitely be enough. What is interesting here is that the smallest dimension of your current bag is 10". Do you mean it fits barely into the opening or it barely fits in depth?

A duffel will usually have a better volume to linear inch ratio than a flat bag (TS or WF). It will also have a smaller footprint.

Example: Duffel of 21x12x12. 45 linear inches but volume of 3024 cubic inches. Footprint of 252sq.inch.
Ordinary max size carry-on of 22x14x9 = 45 l.i. with volume of only 2772. The way it sits in the bin it has a footprint of 308.

So the footprint is 20% higher but the volume is almost 10% lower.

That speaks very much in favor of a well proportioned duffel.

And the fact that you don't carry any formal clothes reenforces that. So just find yourself a nice duffel that you like that has the right size and price.

Till