FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles Change Rumor?
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:17 am
ecaarch

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Not to add fuel to the fire, but....

I participate in one of the many programs that provides rewards (ironically UA miles in my case) for completing online surveys. I recently qualified for and completed a survey regarding leisure and business air travel. The survey specifically stated that it was asking my opinions on Southwest and American. Like many surveys, the questions were framed in such a way to induce specific answers rather than candid responses. (With all due respect to my attorney friends, much the same way that an attorney frames a question to a witness to produce the desired answer rather than an honest or candid response.)

There were a series of questions where I was asked to rate how important each potential feature of a FF was. I was not asked to rate whether I thought each feature was a good idea or not. It was assumed that I thought each feature was a good feature and I was just to rank their relative importance. One of the features that I was asked to rate in importance was:

An Enhanced frequent flyer program where you’re rewarded based on the total dollar amount you’ve spent on flights rather than the miles, so people who spend more receive free tickets faster.
Please note the language used in the question [bolding/italics are mine]. Discuss...