FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report: Park Hyatt Istanbul /Four Seasons at the Bosphorus
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:31 am
FlyingDoctorwu

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
I was in the same dilemma a year ago and decided for Park Hyatt. The Virtuoso benefits were great, and we liked the central location where one can leave the hotel and walk around. The area (Beyoglu) is rather chic and there are plenty of shops, bars, cafès and restaurants. Also, getting to Sultanhamet was fairly easy, as traffic was not too bad (not as bad as on the waterside road leading to Besiktas and FS Bosphorus which was jammed up all the time).

For a regular city trip and sightseeing => PH
For a special, romantic getaway => FS (preferably in a Palace room, but these are really expensive...)
thanks.. it's a regular city trip/sightseeing/anniversary trip...
my wife only wants to stay in one place and I feel the PH will probably suit the purposes.. we had originally planned on the FS but we've decided to extend the vacation a couple days, so the money we save at the PH will help pay for the rest of the trip (at least 200 euros a night x 5 nights)...

Originally Posted by speedbird001
Let's be clear on this; if you don't stay on the Bosphorus in Istanbul (FS or Cirgan) than you are not really experiencing Istanbul. It would be like visiting Hong Kong and not having a view of the harbor.
That's a rather strong statement.
is this because of the view or the feeling of life along the Bosphorous?

In a perfect world, I would spend the 5 nights in a palace room at the FS.. but at 1400 euros a night it isn't happening...

FDW