FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:13 am
pansted00
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TheFlyingPapaya
I was interested in the residence side of the St. Regis and went through the tour. They failed to mention the 30 year land lease that they could guarantee from the start. If they did, I would have just walked away. The St. Regis agent said he forgot about mentioning the 30 year lease when I wanted to discuss price at the end of the walk around. St. Regis Bangkok is a rotting fish trying to serve it self sashimi style. If I remember correctly, the maintenance fee on the unit was ridiculous. I believe it was the same price as the monthly rental I had at the Emporium around 350,000 Baht/Month. I personally hate the long hallways they have setup in the residence to get to your bedrooms. Maybe it was 100,000 Baht/Month maintenance. I honestly don't remember because I was still in shock about the 30 year land lease and rushing to get out.
Leasehold = Idiothold .
100,000 THB a month will get you a very nice condominium > 200 sqm in downtown Bangkok on a monthly rent basis, you can walk away from anytime you want .