FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report - Europe and Asia in First Class - With photos
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:45 pm
InsaneTravel

Programs: StarAlliance (Aeroplan)
Part 10 - FRA - YVR

Part 10 - FRA - YVR
This was our last flight (9 of 9) and was just as impressive as the first one.

It was an Airbus 340-600 and we were only 3 in the first class cabin (Old style - 2 rows of 1-2-1 seats. We had 2 flight attendants, one was more behind the scenes (preparing the meals) and one was attending to us.

It was nice to be able to practice my french and the flight attendant also appreciated it, she was a bit shy and didn't want to do the Lufthansa french exam but after our flight she was lot more comfortable and she said she would do the exam.

After 9 flights, countless lounges I don't know how I was able to eat more. I had the "Amuse Bouche", 3 plates of appetizers, caviar + vodka, main, cheese + port, chocolates and I saved my dessert for my wife who slept through the first and 2nd services. I wasn't sleeping but I skipped the 2nd service.

The champagne was the "D" de Devaux Brut, Champagne Veuve Devaux.

We received 2 amenities kits and 2 pyjama tops (The ones they give for day flights, in the past they were more like Rugby shirts.) I asked if I could exchange or get a pyjama bottom instead. The flight attendant came back and gave me a full pyjama and wouldn't take back the top. Before we knew it we were in Vancouver. A short Skytrain, SeaBus + Bus ride and we were home.

Lufthansa LH 492 - Airbus 340-600 (346)

Last edited by InsaneTravel; Apr 28, 2012 at 9:58 am