FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Attn Ritz Carlton: enough with the canned conversation (and read today's WSJ)
Old Apr 23, 2012, 2:26 pm
nba1017

Originally Posted by luxury
I was at the RC Marina del Rey also last month and found the same. "My pleasure" was used EXTENSIVELY in the Club Lounge.

The hotel is most certainly not luxury but it is nice to be by the water and have a drink or breakfast on the terrace overlooking the marina. Proximity to LAX is great as well. The hotel has a very nice art collection which is for sale -- I am eyeing a Matisse print myself......
It's interesting how standards vary within the Ritz brand, even just among continental US properties. I'm currently at the Boston Ritz (now a tier 4 property and one of their flagships in the country) and the service is easily as polished as an American Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental. I will provide a full comparison of the hotel with the Boston MO in another thread, but on the subject discussed here, it is clearly more akin to true "luxury" service than any "canned conversation." I'm very impressed.