FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rant: Decline in customer experience SFO-HKG
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:10 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So your gripe is only with the 747's right, not will all of CX's fleet. So be patient while the airline refurbishes its fleet or try to avoid the 747 altogether. Easy solution.
...although admittedly, the issue with the lounge at SFO (and the delay problem he encountered) are a bit annoying as well.

I just can't believe they underestimated the size when building the new lounge at SFO. Everything looks nice when it's not crowded but twice I've seen people having to sit on the floor. Seems like a dumb mistake, considering CX has to know on average how many Silver members and above (+ other OW elites) would be on a fully-loaded 747. It just can't accommodate all the elite members if 74A is full....not to mention there's absolutely no room for additional flights (or addtl flights from other OW airlines, for that matter). And as I pointed out before, for CX873 (night flight) the terminal stores are closed, no restaurants or bars are open at that hour....so the packed lounge or seats at the departure area are your only choices (or just hope your flight isn't full).