FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thank You for Flying United, Operated by Continental Flight and Cabin Crew?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 8:15 pm
copperred

Was LAS a PMCO semi-hub or something before the merger? There was a GS at the UC when I arrived who was annoyed that she couldn't get in without having her card on her. The desk staff couldn't look her up. It was a bit DYKWIA but I get it. I figured she was just not having the best day and she left in a huff saying something to the effect of "...we'll see if I'm a GS next year!" Had she stuck around I probably would have carded her in as a guest, no skin off my nose to be a little nice after a long week.

I didn't think much of it but the staff manning the desk were having a number of very loud conversations for the next few hours of my stay and I had to move to the windows before the TV drowned them out. Let's just say the conversation was less than positive. Thankfully I had many TV episodes to watch and time to kill.

I know mergers are hard, and I know they're not unicorns and glitter and awesomeness. The merger has not been handled well from a PR perspective and personally I find Smisek a wee bit creepy, but even with that I don't see how the announcements are doing anyone any favors.