FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - cars at PBI
Thread: cars at PBI
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:36 am
NDDomer86
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
The staff here is incredible!

Picked up today at FLL (4/20) on a full size reservation and the pickings were very slim. Ended up with a dull but "loaded" Malibu with 14k miles on it. Drove to MIA with the intention to check out their selection, but ended up noticing a slight knocking sound when braking (dropping off at JFK so maintenance issues are not acceptable for the drive) and ended up swapping out for the only car available at the time at MIA in either Full or EA, an Impala LTZ. Noticed that it was making a knocking/grinding noise when starting, so since I had dinner plans in Boca Raton anyways, ended up driving to PBI to check their selection.

Arrived in a downpour around 10:30 PM and the gentleman profusely apologized for having two maintenance returns in the same day. Told me to go to Full Size aisle and choose what I wanted. One Mazda 6 with 15k miles that smelled heavily of smoke, one base Malibu, and three Impalas (one LT and two base).

There was also one Charger with 5k miles and XM, so chose it. Took it to the counter and the agent stated that since it was low miles and a Charger, they were trying to keep them in Florida, but would go ahead and rent it out since I had returned twice. Ended up having a hard hold on it for maintenance (likely due to brakes which I noticed were extremely grabby and the agent proactively showed me the screen, so it wasn't a cop out) so fully expected to be told to take one of the remaining cars or nothing.

Instead the gentleman walked outside with me, called another agent over, and they rode around the EA and return lot to find a "nice vehicle" for me. Ended up with anothe Charger with same equipment and same mileage.

Definitely ^ over the lazy attendants at FLL (though exit agent was extremely friendly) and clueless agents at MIA.