FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:03 pm
gogogo2

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Upgrades and check in time

Sorry if these questions have been addressed before. I was wondering if UA has adopted Continental's old system of prioritizing the complimentary upgrade list according to check-in time. I noticed today that about 17 people checked in for the same flight tomorrow within less than one minute of the 24 hour check-in limit. Also, is UA still having problems recrediting unused upgrades? We're still missing a couple that we tried to use right after the consolidation but didn't come through. I've heard nothing back from UA despite contacting the Mileage Plus service center twice. Finally, we had confirmed first calss seats from BOS to DEN via EWR using regional upgrades. We used the upgrade from BOS to EWR but just missed our connection to DEN and could only get economy seats on the next flight. Obviously we would never have used them just for a flight from BOS to EWR and missed out on using them for the 3+ hour flight that we missed. Are we just out of luck or can we get them back? Thanks.