FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport transportation to Rio de Janeiro
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2012, 4:38 pm
Villavic
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by Enigma
For to/from GIG I'd assume http://www.realautoonibus.com.br/Sit...115236-71.html is a better option. Bus 2018 for R$12 each way. Take note that it doesn't run late.
I'm planning to arrive at Rio on may 23 (wednesday), my flight lands at 4:50am. So I guess I'll be going out of airport between 5:30am and 6am. I've read the bus starts at 5:30am so that's fine. My hotel is in Av. Atlantica 1470 Copacabana and the bus route goes all Av. Atlantica from Prca. Isabel to Joaquin Nabuco, so it should stop on my hotel block or so I understand. Now the question is, is it recommendable (and safe) to take the bus at that time? Sunrise is at 6:22am. I'll be walking from the corner to the hotel, I guess, with just one baggage (2 people). I guess it's ok, but it's good to ask the experts... (how long will be the bus ride? let's suppose I'll take it at 6am, at what time I'm supposed to arrive at Copa?)

Or do you recommend other transfer? I was checking taxi rates and it's like US$85 for 2 people, or maybe I checked the wrong page

Thanks