FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Awardtravelr] Search for *A/ST/OW awards online for free UPDATE: OW not working
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:39 pm
jyflyer

Programs: UA
My guess is that your corporate network might be blocking certain ports which we require to be open for the search to work. To provide real-time search results as well as for the app to be more responsive, we use a technology called WebSockets to communicate with your browser. In our experience, we've seen some firewalls block that but most are fine with it. It's a pretty prevalent technology nowadays so it really shouldn't be blocked.

We're currently working on a fall-back version which will work in the event that there is a firewall. I'm using IE9 now and EWR-MCO does show results on a *A search. I suspect it might be a one-off issue or we might have been upgrading our servers at that time. Let us know if it still dosen't work today!

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I was trying for EWR-CDG initially, and then decided to try something easy that I knew was available - EWR-MCO on UA

The dates I checked were 6/21-25 for 1 seat. Nothing popped up for any class of service, and the website had several flights available.

I just wanted to be a bit more clear with my IE7 issue - I'm using it at work and I can enter the search requirements and press search - but nothing comes up at all - not even the filters on the left hand side. It just continues to say it's searching.

On my home machine using IE8, search works - I get the filter box on the left, but it does not return any flights.

Could any of the results be construed as ads? My company actively blocks anything that remotely looks like an ad, and at home, I've altered my hosts file to block most of them.