FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can the TB revisit the Commercial links in Signatures issue?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:24 am
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Having had direct experience of serving on the committee, I don't really think that's feasible. At times, review of signatures is associated with other moderator activity and issues which may have arisen with members and incidents which mods have dealt with, and that is obviously considered confidential to moderators.

And perhaps more sadly, you do need (and way more often than I expected ) to have more tools available than simply asking to get members to conform to the signature rules as some can and do refuse to change their signatures.

And also, having done it for 18 months, it is an exceptionally dull job. I'm not sure I would wish it on enthusiastic people!
Why not try adding one or two non-moderator volunteers to the committee, and only have it deal with the signature portion of any issues?

As Q Shoe Guy said, that committee would make a ruling, and then senior moderators would implement it.