FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post 3-Mar-2012:How to find upgrade inventory [+how to see fare bucket availability]
Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:49 pm
Silver Fox
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
when going from LHR-SFO-LHR what are the classses that I can use GPU on?

OK, I am tired, but I am not sure that I am making sense of the GPU classes small print and classes that are eligible or not for upgrades. Can someone tell me when going from LHR-SFO-LHR what are the classses that I can use GPU on?

Eligible flights says:

They can be used on all paid, published fares except:

S, T, K, L, G and N fare classes, for upgrades from United Economy® to the next higher cabin on most long-haul international flights

See the upgrade regions chart for full details on upgrade eligibility and fare restrictions.

This says:

For regions with a *, Global Premier Upgrades are not available on flights booked in fare classes Z, P, S, T, K, L, G or N. (LHR falls in this region)

So, it seems to me that if the class is Z, P, S, T, K, L, G or N, then I cannot use GPU, but any other classes I will be ok to apply a GPU with Y, B, M being the favourites due to its clearing because "Premier® 1K® members on M fares are available on all flights that are eligible for Complimentary Premier Upgrades."

I would be grateful for a sanity check.