FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:01 am
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Originally Posted by tbm13
There has been a lot of information about the Gold and Platinum challenges on this forum. Unfortunately, there's some contradictory information regarding some details of this challenge. I wanted to point out two clarifications based on my personal experience with the challenge:

1) It's often said that the challenge is "X nights in 90" days. In reality, it would appear that you have all of the current month plus three more months in order to get the number of nights needed. In other words, if you apply on April 1st, you'd get all of April plus three more months, i.e. until the end of July. If you applied on the last day of April, you'd also have until the end of July.

2) I read that you can request a challenge every 12 months. Based on some recent experience, I would say that it is 12 months after your last challenge ended (rather than 12 months from requesting a challenge, which is what I've been reading on this forum).

Both of your statements are correct as I specifically asked these questions when taking my challenge.

I should add, however, that I am unsure that asking on the first of the month results in essentially 4 months to complete the challenge (it might result in just 3 months) -- however, asking on the second of the month definitely permits 4 months within which to complete the challenge -- whichever one you select.

NJ