FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380 LHR?
Thread: A380 LHR?
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:22 pm
Creole Spirit

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by inn340
I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for the refurbished 747 on the BKK-SYD route.

Thai will only refurbish 6 747s, but currently BKK-FRA, BKK-MUC, BKK-FCO, BKK-MAD and BKK-SYD are shown as being served on a refurbished 747.

So, something does not add up there, because you would need more than 6 aircraft to operate all these routes. Either the system assigned the new 74N to all possible routes or Thai decided to refurbish more than 6 planes (?).

BTW, I am booked on BKK-SYD-BKK myself, so if indeed the 74N was operated on this route, I would be more than happy, but it's not doable with only 6 refurbished aircraft.
I think at Thai they make a difference between "new" and "refurbished".... they have recently finished to "refurbish" six "old" aircraft with personal entertainment system in Economy Class and do now start to equip six other aircraft (previously deployed on Scandinavian routes with Premium Economy Class) with completely new seats in all three service classes, including 9 First Suites, new Business- and new Economy Class seats, which they brand as 747N(ew) and which show a common product with the A380 and B777 currently used on routes to PAR and FRA....thus at year end they might count totally 12 (in Economy Class) "refurbished" Jumbos .....