FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed: Create a Peru Forum
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:43 pm
yosithezet
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The current system isn't broke IMO, so no need to fix it. We're talking 2 threads for TB members to read. It's not a hardship, especially since we stay on top of them pretty regularly. FTers have the option of posting in either; I don't see a need to restrict them to one or the other.

FWIW - in the many years I've been following TB, before & during my time of serving, there's not been much input on there being more than one thread, so my guess is my FTers don't really care that there are 2 threads & in the overall scheme of things, it's not an issue.

Cheers.
In as many years there hasn't been, and frankly still isn't, much input on a Peru forum, so my guess is that FTers don't really care that it doesn't exist. It isn't really an issue, right?

It isn't an issue of hardship on TB members. It is an issue where the conversation becomes disjointed as the single location of discussion is split into two places. So when you try to reference an earlier point it isn't clear where that came from.

To the point, I don't think the volume warrants a separate forum at this time. This doesn't preclude revisiting the issue in 6 months or a year or two if the Peru-specific volume picks up in the current South America forum.