FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed: Create a Peru Forum
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:27 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by RichMSN
My feeling about new forums is clearly different than yours. I'm not all that concerned with fragmentation. It's easy, if the forums are organized properly, to find the proper forums.

We have an Antarctica forum that has had 8 posts since January 1 (and I have no problem with that, BTW). But everyone knows where to find it. I'd do the same with Peru, too -- put it under a South America forum and people will find it. If it only gets a dozen posts a year, so what? It's still organized and people will find the threads when they need them.
I tend to agree with Rich here. When splitting a forum, some common-interest content might be lost. I see no significant common-interest content here. If it's about Peru, it's not about other countries in South America. And vice versa. Therefore I don't see a disadvantage to the split.

Readers, please correct me if you think I'm wrong. The deadline to vote is approaching...