FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee
Old Apr 14, 2012, 3:45 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tassojunior
With last year's AmEx transfer program I had trouble because my middle initial was on AmEx and not on BA. After an hour on the phone with both BA could only get the AmEx points to transfer by opening me a 2nd account with my middle initial included. Points transferred.

Then I tried to get accounts consolidated and absolutely cannot get BA to do so. They are a mess. Both accounts still open and valid with all the same info, just middle initial also on one.
That is odd because AMEX virtually let you transfer MR pts to anyone's FF account as long as when you add the FF account to the transfer list, the name and number you put in as the transfer to account matches exactly as the one in record with the FF program - it does NOT need to match AMEX cardholder's name at all! I just transferred husband's final MR pts to my BA account to take advantage of the 50% bonus.

So I dont know what kind of problem you have run into.

On the other hand as I mentioned before, unlike US-based programs, BA is absolutely adamant to not combine duplicate accounts. AA does it at a heartbeat on the phone. UA requires a letter. Dont know about former CO or DL or US. But BA is a PITA.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 14, 2012 at 4:04 pm