FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New TSA Travel with Pets Policy -- Another hassle!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:23 pm
InkUnderNails

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I wonder if this is related to what I saw today.

A woman went through the WTMD (no scanners at this CP) and had a cute little dog. She was selected for additional screening of her carry on. As my bag was also selected, I had to wait while hers was finished to have mine done. Mine is not unusual because of the electronics, so that part did not surprise me.

At no time did I see that she had alarmed or that any of her stuff had. The initial swab may have hit a "positive," but we know how that is. None of them I saw did.

This woman's bag was searched in the most detailed manner that I have ever seen. They did multiple swabs. They emptied the entire bag. Cosmetic cases within the bag were emptied and swabbed. All of her personal belongings were handled and swabbed. Her stuff was spread out over the whole table. By the time the screener was finished, this woman had no secrets remaining in her bag. The stuff from her bag was unceremoniously stuffed back into the bag and handed to her. I was embarrassed for her. To her credit, I could see that she was seething, but she quietly watched as this process was carried out.

I looked to see if she was in my waiting area so I could speak to her and maybe commensurate a bit, but I did not see her, or the little dog, again.