FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points not crediting at the Ultimate Rewards Mall [Technical: OS, Browser, Cookies]
Old Apr 12, 2012, 4:26 pm
SilasTalbot

Thanks for the info, I have been curious whether Chase would credit you if there's ever a problem where a transaction doesn't show up. Appreciate finding this thread that indicates they will.

To add to the thread, here's what I understand about the way the UR mall works:

The UR mall sets a cookie for the destination domain when you click through, so technically anything that you do on that site before the cookie expires should be picked up (as long as the cookie is not blocked, or overwritten by another referral cookie).

This is why shopping toolbars would stop the UR credit, because it is setting its own referral cookie for the site whenever it detects that you land on that domain. It's possible there could even be adware out there that adds referral IDs for shopping transactions.

It's definitely possible for ad blocking software or high security settings to block the cookie, but I don't believe the defaults for ....... would do this (at least not in FF, dunno about Chrome).

You could add http://www.dpbolvw.net/ to your 'safe' list, which appears to be the site that sets the cookie.

I always do the same as DavidAL. When I know I'm going to make a purchase through UR, I do my shopping selection ahead of time in my preferred browser, then I load a vanilla Internet Explorer window when I'm ready to check out, and go directly from Chase, thru the mall, add items to cart and check out. Hasn't failed me yet.