FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed: Create a Peru Forum
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:06 am
Villavic
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by RichMSN
We have an Antarctica forum that has had 8 posts since January 1 (and I have no problem with that, BTW). But everyone knows where to find it. I'd do the same with Peru, too -- put it under a South America forum and people will find it. If it only gets a dozen posts a year, so what? It's still organized and people will find the threads when they need them.
Yes! And I'm sure Peru forum will get more and more posts. Not necessarily because it will be a separated forum, but because Peru tourism is rapidly growing, if not exploding.

The posts volume from the past is not reflecting what is going on in Peru right now. There are airlines that have returned to Peru after decades (Air France), or for the first time (Sky Airline), and several are interested in flight to Peru (Qantas, Lufthansa, Porter Airline, Interjet, Ryanair, Aer Lingus). Low-cost carriers are interested as you see, giving an opportunity to budget travelers, backpackers.

And with the Marriott precedent (Lima, Cusco in july 2012), hotels chains are opening or interested in Peru (Hilton, Westin, Intercontinental), in addition to the peruvian corporations (Casa Andina, Los Portales).

Peru airports arre or have been renovated and will be receiving international flights, giving an alternative to Lima (Iquitos in July, from Panama (Copa), Cusco, Arequipa).

And new events are being organized in Peru (Dakar departure, gastronimic fairs, etc.).

When flyertalk.com forums appeared, no cruise planned to stop in Lima. Now there are cruises (from Europe, America) that includes stops in Lima, Arequipa, Trujillo, Pisco (As you can see Peru is far more than Machu Picchu, but that would be a topic for other thread).

I think I have transmitted part of this when answered the questionnaire. My point is not about comparing a Peru forum with the current Cuba or Antarctica forums, and of course I'd never imagine to compete with the New York or France forums, but that's not the point. The point is that with what is going in Peru now, a forum would be beneficial for everybody.

Last edited by Villavic; Apr 12, 2012 at 5:40 pm