FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please report your Star Alliance award redemption experiences
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:37 am
clifford79

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
I have a few questions regarding *A award redemptions using A3 points:

1) At http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...n/spend-miles/ , it says that "Miles & Bonus program is sector oriented.", and according to the example you are charged domestic+international miles when flying CHQ-ATH-FCO r/t.

Is this the case for *A awards as well? I.e., if I fly ZRH-BKK-TPE r/t in C, would I be charged 110k+42k? The sentence "An award ticket on Star Alliance flights may include one stopover with duration up to 24 hours" suggests that you might get away with 110k. That would also be reasonable considering the fact that there is an EU-Hawaii column in the redemption table but there aren't any direct flights (that I'm aware of). Any experiences?

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
A3 was no exception when I booked by US-Egypt ticket (with a revenue tag on to India)
2) Is it possible to book award+revenue flights (both *A, non-A3) on the same ticket by calling the A3 desk? It would be helpful to have the flights on the same ticket in case of misconnects.

Thanks!