FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to maximize my shopping
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:18 pm
studentbecometeacher

I suggest an edit to your first post to flesh out your request. For example, you may wish to provide more details such as timeframe for earning points/miles, spend level on a monthly/yearly basis (and near term), credit score/age, what credit cards you already have and when you have last applied for them, what are you looking to get specifically (free airplane tickets, hotels, destination), etc. Also, is your gf going to apply as well?

If you don't provide enough information, I am afraid no one can efficiently or effectively help you reach your goals and this thread won't get updated with further responses. I see one poster replies to your first post, then you reply with additional info that would have been helpful in the first post.

You have to help others that may want to help you by providing a sufficient level of detail.

Please let me know how I can buy a Cartier ring online, as I am not aware of such an ability. Also, my anecdotal experience is that Cartier's prices are more negotiable than Tiffany's, as one example, but YMMV. Who knows, offering cash for the e-ring purchase may end up getting you a bigger discount than rewards you can earn with a credit card as well!

Also, while virgin atlantic and starwood are good cards, it may make sense for you to explain why it would be so beneficial to you. In analyzing your thinking for these cards, others may be able to refute your assumptions, agree with you, and/or suggest alternatives.