FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Niseko Village {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:43 pm
MoreMilesPlease

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
It's a reward night reservation. Noticed the maximum occupancy is 3 adults for either twin or king basic room, so when I made the reservation online, I already input 3 persons. Actually the hotel had sent me the email few days after I made the reservation online and also right before I intended to send them an email for requesting a rollaway bed. The hotel told me straight in the email I needed to pay 6000 yen for the rollaway. Here is the email:

Dear GordonGordon,

Greetings from the Hilton Niseko Village! Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I understand that you are staying with us using your Hilton Honours points this time. We thank you for your continued loyalty and support. However, unfortunately point stays are only free up to two people, so I am writing today to inform you that we must charge 6,000yen / night for the cost of an extra bed to be placed in the room for your third guest. The only exception for this is infants, for whom we can provide a baby cot for free.

We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused and our complicated booking system. Your reply would be much appreciated in order to confirm your reservation, and any prepayments will be suspended until we can confirm your details.

Should you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can do to help facilitate your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Thank you and best regards,

Reservations Department Hilton Niseko Village

It seems they are trying to nickel and dime reward night guest since the email emphasized points stays are only free up to two people. Should I bring up the issue to Hhonor diamond desk?
They aren't nickel and diming you, they are follwoing their posted rules. Rewards are for a maximum of two people. Some hotels will waive this and allow more, some won't. Many hotels charge extra for more than one person, and will charge for the third person in a paid room using the spouse stays free benefit.

So the hotel is perfectly justified in asking for payment for the third person and a rollaway bed.