FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:46 pm
teecee

Having recently stayed there I can tell you, take nothing for granted. No guarantees. Most important advice is to avoid the Verandah Suite! If that's what you're headed for try to get a Terrace Suite which has an outdoor balcony. The Verandah Suite is poorly conceived with no view from the outdoor "room" and a low overhang roof. To see the sky one must bend down and look out and up. The bedroom is very dark. Just a bad room where you will want to spend little time. Also from what I hear the Plunge Pool Suites aren't much better either. You have a small, cold water plunge pool. Just go out and use the common pool which is nice. The Pool Access Suites looked pretty good to me. You should get breakfast comped and a couple of drinks each night at happy hour. My experience was just bad as I was not recognized as Platinum (which I am) and it was a struggle from there on. If you are you should be ok. JUST SAY NO TO THE VERANDAH SUITE