FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Greetings on CX/KA
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:25 am
kamiao

Programs: CX GO by flying, ex-QF PS, AMEX Platinum, CA & KrisFlyer Nobody
Originally Posted by jasjasper
I agree with this. On HKG-LHR and back , which is my most-travelled route, I've only been greeted by the ISM twice out of the dozens of return trips I've done in the last 18 months. The other times which I've been greeted personally have been done by the Flight Purser for Y. And if i'm greeted, unpublished perks (water bottles, advance meal choice and sometimes even J pillows) are given to me. And if i'm not greeted personally at all, even if I ask for a water bottle, I'd be declined one (sometimes rather rudely).

And as for J, I kinda expect the perks and greetings so I don't usually take care to note the times I've been greeted etc.

Whereas on recent regional flights with both CX and KA, I've been greeted 0/2 on CX and 1/2 on KA...
Did they say "Sorry sir, we don't serve bottle water in Economy. I can give you a cup of water on my way back..."? Well that's what I got when I asked in one of those non-greeting flights...since then I stopped asking when they didn't offer me.

KA greetings are far less formal than CX's IMO. Most of the flights the greeting involves a sentence with less than 10 words - "Mr XXX, My name is XXX, please let me know if you need anything" - then quickly moved on to the next person... indeed there are too many people to greet in a KA flight. LoL