FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana Award Reservation CANCELLED without even telling me!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:48 pm
vrichard

Programs: AA-Plat DL-Plat (did status match on DL before losing EXP on AA)
Originally Posted by DaveSFO
I do it under the online seat assignment. You can use it either for selecting seats or checking in. My flights are in July and I had no problem selecting seats via this route. I just put in my itinerary information and it comes up. I can even use the 016 ticket number on my eticket receipt. This is my third award reservation with them and I have been able to do this each time.

I'm not sure about the codeshare issue, but it wouldn't surprise me if that is what's causing them to say you have to do it at checkin. I've never booked a codeshare with them so I can't say for certain.
Thanks for the info....^
I do have several OZ award tickets, and none of them are 'codeshare' - they are all OZ-operated and with OZ flight numbers - I was just quoting the message the website gave me using the Online Seat Assignment with one of them.

Using your info, I was able to get a seat assignment on one of my bookings - but it wouldn't work with the ticket number route, or the itinerary info as a guest, but it did work with the itinerary info and my Asiana FF#.