FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana Award Reservation CANCELLED without even telling me!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 5:18 pm
vrichard

Programs: AA-Plat DL-Plat (did status match on DL before losing EXP on AA)
Originally Posted by DaveSFO
Had the same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago. Though when I called up OZ, the agent said that everything was just fine and I had nothing to worry about. After another day of not being able to select seats on their website I called back and that agent asked for the ticket number. After that I could bring it up on the OZ site. That would have been annoying if they said it was ok and then the ticket ended up getting cancelled.
May I ask how/where you can look at your UA-award reservation on the OZ site?

The only place I know of on flyasiana.com (US Site) is the 'Online Seat Assignment' which is really online checkin(?) and can only be done starting at 48hours prior to departure, and even then, cannot be done with a UA-issued ticket.

If one has an OZ FF# (I do) and uses the Asiana booking reference, I get "Seat reservation and check-in for codesharing flights are not available"
If put in the itinerary information, I get "We are unable to search your booking record."

If I call Asiana, they tell me a seat cannot be selected - have to do it at checkin, but the reservation (the one that OZ has the ticket for) is OK. In the past, when I made OZ award reservations pmUA, I had no problem to call OZ and get a seat selection. Something to do with SHARES....?