FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switch to ATT is a pain
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2003, 8:10 am
Cat

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cat:
Beware the 5000 mile offer. I signed up in November, gave them my ff number, and by February, nothing. Called them, and was told that "somehow" my sign up was not tied into the AA miles program (funny, but I was getting 25 miles per month for paying the monthly service charge...)

So the person signed me up again. End of April, still no miles. Seems AGAIN, I was not tied into AA (although the paltry 25 miles per month were continuing to show up.) This time, I was "promised" that within 60 days, I will see a lump sum of 3000 miles and 1000 miles for the next two months. I'll believe it when I see it.

It's not like this is difficult. ATT continues to charge absurd per minute charges for their so-called "service" and entice you with promises of ff miles which they conveniently neglect to give you, and each time you call after the 8-12 week waiting period, you have to start again.

Never again. What a scam!
</font>
Well, an update...The 3000 promised miles finally posted the middle of May, for February, March, and April. As of May 23, the customary date for ATT miles to post, no 1000 miles (for May).

So I waited another week, and called. Was told they would post 6/2/03. Today, called, and now was told 6/16/03.

The phone rep told me laughingly, "Nothing free is ever easy..." Got that one right, pal! I'll wait until 6/20, and if no miles, I'm outta here.

Caveat emptor with these people. They "accidentally" don't enter you in the program, after telling you you'll have to wait 8-12 weeks to see the miles, then you have to make multiple calls to get what should be yours, what they promise to deliver. And after they grudgingly "give" you a lump sum, all the while telling you what a big favor they are doing for you (starting with the SECOND time you register - I registered in December, but even though it was their own fault that they never started me at that point, they started me in February and list my start date as of that month, and consider how many miles you should have earned from THEN, not your initial sign-up date), you'll have to fight for every one of the months remaining.

As I said before, what a scam! This aggravation is NOT worth 5K miles and paying their monthly fee for 8 months. Caveat emptor, indeed!

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited 06-05-2003).]