FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switch to ATT is a pain
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2003, 8:07 am
IADCAflyer

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cat:
Beware the 5000 mile offer. I signed up in November, gave them my ff number, and by February, nothing. Called them, and was told that "somehow" my sign up was not tied into the AA miles program (funny, but I was getting 25 miles per month for paying the monthly service charge...)

So the person signed me up again. End of April, still no miles. Seems AGAIN, I was not tied into AA (although the paltry 25 miles per month were continuing to show up.) This time, I was "promised" that within 60 days, I will see a lump sum of 3000 miles and 1000 miles for the next two months. I'll believe it when I see it.

It's not like this is difficult. ATT continues to charge absurd per minute charges for their so-called "service" and entice you with promises of ff miles which they conveniently neglect to give you, and each time you call after the 8-12 week waiting period, you have to start again.

Never again. What a scam!
</font>
I concur with Cat. I also signed up in November. Got no bonus miles or regular miles. Called up in early January to complain and was told that I had not signed up with AA. They did - however - have miles banked up and released the regular miles. They promised that they'd post the missing bonus miles to the account. Nothing happened for three months.

Called back two weeks ago to complain again. Was told that I was signed up with AA but did not sign up for the bonus miles. Vehemently protested when the agent offered to send me the miles - over the course of the next five months. Gave up and accepted.

Surprisingly, found 5,000 miles in my account yesterday from AT&T.